- Reviews (0)
|Minimum Order Quantity
|1 Syringe per box
|Hospital, Personal, Clinical
WHAT INFLUVAC IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR?
Influvac is a vaccine. This vaccine helps to protect you or your child against influenza (flu), particularly in people who run a high risk of associated complications. The use of Influvac should be based on official recommendations.
When a person is given the vaccine Influvac, the immune system (the body’s natural defense system) will produce its own protection (antibodies) against the disease. None of the ingredients in the vaccine can cause flu.
Flu is a disease that can spread rapidly and is caused by different types of strains that can change every year. Therefore, this is why you or your child might need to be vaccinated every year. The greatest risk of catching flu is during the cold months between October and March. If you or your child were not vaccinated in the autumn, it is still sensible to be vaccinated up until the spring since you or your child runs the risk of catching flu until then. Your doctor will be able to recommend the best time to be vaccinated.
Influvac will protect you or your child against the three strains of virus contained in the vaccine from about 2 to 3 weeks after the injection.
The incubation period for flu is a few days, so if you or your child is exposed to flu immediately before or after your vaccination, you or your child could still develop the illness.
The vaccine will not protect you or your child against the common cold, even though some of the symptoms are similar to flu.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU OR YOUR CHILD USE INFLUVAC
To make sure that Influvac is suitable for you or your child, it is important to tell your doctor or pharmacist if any of the points below apply to you or your child. If there is anything you do not understand, ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain.
Do not use Influvac
- If you or your child are allergic (hypersensitive) to:
· the active substances, or
· any of the other ingredients of Influvac (see section 6), or
· any component that may be present in very small amounts such as eggs (ovalbumin or chicken proteins), formaldehyde, cetyltrimethylammonium bromide, polysorbate 80 or gentamicin (an antibiotic that is used to treat bacterial infections)
- If you or your child has an illness with a high temperature or acute infection, the vaccination shall be postponed until after you or your child has recovered.
Warnings and precautions
You should tell your doctor before vaccination if you or your child have a poor immune response (immunodeficiency or taking medicines affecting the immune system).
Fainting, feeling faint or other stress related reactions can occur following, or even before, any needle injection. Therefore tell your doctor or nurse if you have experienced this kind of reaction with a previous injection.
Your doctor will decide if you or your child should receive the vaccine.
If, for any reason, you or your child has a blood test within a few days following a flu vaccination, please tell your doctor. This is because false positive blood test results have been observed in a few patients who had recently been vaccinated.
As with all vaccines, Influvac may not fully protect all persons who are vaccinated.
- Pay Mode Terms: L/C (Letter of Credit),T/T (Bank Transfer),Other
- Port of Dispatch: Delhi, Mumbai
- Production Capacity: 10000
- Delivery Time: 7 days
- Packaging Details: 1 Syringe per box